2.3 piWebCAT - operational notes - buttons and sliders
I use my FTdx101D configuration as an example.
Buttons and Sliders
Configuration is discussed in detail elsewhere ... but note the results of configuration:
- Many buttons are in groups: eg: band, mode, IPO, Attenuators, roofers, VFO A/B.
- Some buttons toggle on/off, eg: DNR, NB, MNF, APF, MON, Vox.
- Some buttons are single action, eg: swap A/B, A>B, B>A, +25kHz, -25kHz
- Two buttons launch popups,ie; MPad (memory keypad) and More (24 more buttons)
(Note that even these have user configured button choice, caption and colour).
- A button can be confiigured to switch to a specified memory channel (eg: M17 in the examples)
- Sliders are configured to match the range of values on the radio.
Example: IF shift ... this is user configured for centre zero with range -1200Hz to +1200Hz.
The R buttons reset a default value .... which for IF shift is zero (centre)
- The five Tx meter buttons select the meter value to be displayed on transmit.
- MOX toggles transmit/receive ... and also lights up on PTT or radio MOX.
The detailed configuration needs to reflect the operational structure of the radio.
eg: In the FTfx101D,
- Most receiver button and slider parameters have different values between the
two receivers (A and B). ( This is not so all radios.)
- Some settings change on band change.
- We only have one set of controls which must reflect the current VFO's settings.
Loading all the settings can take 4-5 seconds. During this transition time, the controls are inactive.
The commonest need for a rapid transition is on VFO A/B switching (with or without band change).
piWebCAT provides for this by storing the most recent slider and button states for each VFO.
eg: VFO A selected - switch to 40m band - 5 second delay loading settings.
then select VFO B which is on 20m band - 5 second delay (unless previously selected)
Thereafter, VFO switching is rapid using the stored 40m data for VFO A and the 20m data for VFO B.
Control, Read rig and Reset buttons
- Control Switches to or completely redraws and restarts the main page
- Reset Restarts the main page program code. Popup windows positions are preserved. (eg: log)
Control settings are resynchronised to the corresponding rig parameters. (approx 5 sec)
- Read rig Control settings are resynchronised to the corresponding rig parameters. (approx 5 sec)